Sigils

   Every day something stands out to me-a flower, a word, seeing an animal on my morning or early evening  walk leads to the curiosity of something more.   The other day I walked a different path and found a turtle lounging on a log.  I googled turtle totem on my phone and felt like the universe had sent me a special message. I have been made fun of for my insight, but eventually my son n' daughter agreed some of the signs were more like sigils.  My kids believe I seemore signs than most people.   I don't think that is true-maybe I just pay more attention, than the average bear.  It feels like a sacred moment-like when a wild animal crosses your path and you focus the lens of your camera and capture it.





Both of my parents  were always focused on the details. My father would announce the mackerel sky or the way the silver maple leaves turned inward before it rained. My mother would often find four leaf clovers-everywhere she went.  Her friends  would remark they looked, but never saw any,  while my mom held a tiny bouquet in her fist of 10-15 blooms.    I was raised-to see or search for more meaning in the lens of my days.  Do you pay attention to signs in your life?  Do they sometimes feel like sigils?! 


"You have to pay attention to the moment and make it the best it can be for you. I've been trying to do that. It's really made a major difference for me. I'm a happier person." 
                                                                                                                             -Tracy Chapman



Too much too soon can upset the balance. Take your time and let the natural flow work for you.
-Turtle

If Turtle has crossed your path:

The message is “slow and steady wins the race” Pay attention to details in your current project and take your time with it. Don’t be tempted to rush or take short cuts. You will get there, but you must trust in the process and stay in the moment.  
Turtle can also be a signal that you need to ground yourself and your energy to Earth.  You can read more here. 
Do you pay attention to signs in your life?  Do they sometimes feel like sigils-magically aligning with what you need or a gentle reminder of how to view your life?!






Comments

  1. Ella your story brings forth truth and clarity of how to breathe into the process of living and enjoy all of life’s moments. So interesting how you change and work with the gifts shared with you in childhood then reinterpret them in your own way. Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool, kiddo. It is a gift to see those small signs, which are really miraculous small blessings. Beauty abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back for another read. Still loving it. I resonate with turtle, in this year when my steps have slowed, and i have time to see the path i am walking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment